Good Morning. Oh how we are having fun making cool new stuff for our magical world. After the fairy bowls, we definitely decided that the Land of Purple Unicorn Fairies (LOPUF), as it has now been deemed, definitely needs some storage with lids. This isn’t heavy-duty, big storage. But, more a need to have cool places to tuck away our newly crafted magic coins, the jewels (a ginormous rock collection) and tiny dinosaurs from the Courtenay Museum that can often be found protecting the LOPUF castle.
The easy winner for the base of this bedazzling storage was old egg cartons. I have about a kabillion since they are an easy winner for so many different craft projects (I could write an entire book on things to do with toilet paper rolls and egg cartons).
Simple to paint, happily accepting of glue and a good container that things won’t pour out of, the cartons magically emerged as apothecary boxes full of spells and magical trinkets.
This is one of those crafts that is an excellent user-upper, meaning that if you have three of anything that can’t make a single thing, stick them on these apothecary boxes and feel confident your miscellaneous pile has been put to good use.
We got this idea out of the genius Book of Wizard Craft which I personally love for its wide range of wizard-like projects from different cultures for kids of all ages.
Here’s what you need:
- Egg carton,
- Tempera paint in several different colors,
- Old puzzle pieces, beads, shells and other gems,
- Glue sticks, and
- Sparkle glue for decorating
1. Get your paints ready to go. We chose five different colors.
2. Paint the inside and outside of the egg carton in different colors and let dry for an hour or so.
3. Glue on you do-dads and swirl on the sparkly glue
4. Let them dry and your apothecary boxes are ready to make some magic (or at least contain it).
Have a magical Tuesday!