I am not the world’s finest cook. My family would say that they eat variations of five basic recipes all the time. The depths of my food creativity are profoundly shallow. But, if there is one thing I love to look at, admire the makers of and – of course – eat it would be great food.
Here on Vancouver Island, the foodie community is vibrant and I’m always amazed at the talented bunch of chefs, writers and photographers who love to share their food with others in the form of the ever-popular food blog. I’m one of those folks who you can often catch lingering over a post about food that I will never make, but must gush over just the same.
Today, I wanted to share some of those great sites with you because no one should eat alone.:)
- First off, one of my faves is Campbell River’s Jessica Stirling and her fun, tasty blog Dairy Free Betty. Jess has been an OBE contributor for a while and I LOVE her recipes. Haven’t made one yet that wasn’t fantastic. She’s as sweet in person as she is on her blog. It’s a regular stop for me.
- While she has taken a hiatus, Keira-Anne remains one of the best VI foodie blogs out there.
- Former ReBar executive chef Heidi Fink has one of the best vegetarian blogs out there. Her photos, recipes and food are fabulous. Check out Lip Smacking HERE.
- Hans Peter Meyer is the writer behind the popular Bon Vivant on Vancouver Island that offers up food reviews, personal stories and more.
- Islandchef.ca is my go-to for local food inspiration. The recipes, Q&A and more are great. The photography is major wow. nom, nom.
- Beautiful photography, personal stories and fabulous recipes make you feel like a good friend at Guilty Kitchen, written by Elizabeth Nyland. I love, love, love this blog.
These are just a few of the great sites that give us all that fix of online foodie goodness. Would love to hear some of your favorites too.
Have a great Spring Wednesday.