It’s the day after Thanksgiving in Canada and all of us are in turkey overload. My husband made a bet that at least one-third of the kids in our daughter’s class would have some sort of turkey dish in their lunchbox today. While it’s an excellent use of leftovers, moms are still on the hunt for some easy mains to pack into lunch kits.
The OBE Test Kitchen has been whipping out a few yummy options lately (while I totally admit to having gotten the thumbs down for a whole lot more). One of the faves – especially this time of year when the big kid knows she’s going to get apples in everything, is a regular old quesidilla, stuffed with some extra goodness. It’s an easy one minute in the microwave sort of lunch that is great cold and can even go glutten-free (which is what we do) with rice tortillas available at Edible Island in Courtenay. Enjoy.
Cheese, Apple and Ham Quesidilla
Here’s what you need:
- 1 tortilla
- grated cheese (your kids favorite kind)
- 3 thin slices of apple
- 1 think slice of ham cut into strips
1. Lay tortilla flat. Spread grated cheese, apple and ham on top.
2. Fold over and slip into the microwave for 1 minute or into the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
3. Slice and place into your kids lunch kit.
We have been known to throw a little container of salsa in for dipping. It’s a great, easy lunch that is satisfying too.
Have a warm, lovely day!