We keep meaning to post this delicious recipe for pretty much the best zucchini bread EVER. But, about the time one of us has made a batch, it has disappeared before being properly photographed.
This weekend, a tiny slab made it to the 24-hour mark. So, we are able to share how pretty it looks as well as how every kid we have ever fed this beauty to thinks we rock.
Here’s the very easy recipe. Remember to start it before the main dish if you are serving it with a meal as it takes about 50 minutes to bake properly.
Cheddar Zucchini Bread
(modified from the original recipe found in Chatelaine’s Modern Classics)
- 1 medium zucchini
1 1/2 C spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 C granulated sugar
1/4 C lightly packed brown sugar
2 C of grated cheddar cheese (the extra old or old is best for sharpness)
1/3 C vegetable oil
1. Get your oven warmed up to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil
2. Grate your zucchini and cheese.
3. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, add zucchini and 1 1/2 C of the cheese.
4. Whisk the eggs and oil together and pour over the mixture. Stir until just mixed and the batter will be very thick.
5. Scrape it into the pain and sprinkle with the last 1/2 C cheese.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes and let it stand for a bit after coming out of the oven. Remove from the pan and snack down.