We are always on the hunt for tasty, fast, healthy recipes that result in lunches that are gobbled up by our kiddos around here. Cheese and broccoli are a super delish combination. So, when we recently whipped up this vegetarian recipe for our picky kiddos and watched them eat it up and ask for more, we knew we had a winner! Originally inspired by a recipe from Po’ Man Meals, we modified this one to meet our dietary needs and personal preferences with awesome results. Check out our Pinterest Good Eats board for more tasty recipes that we love.
Cheesy Roasted Broccoli Patties
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- About 2 C of fresh broccoli chopped relatively small (you can also substitute spinach or dark, leafy greens that are in season here in Canada)
- 3/4 C panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 C of herb crumbled goat cheese
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it.
- Heat the olive oil up in a pan and then fry up the garlic and onions until they are translucent. Add a bit of salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne. Let them render down for a few more minutes on medium heat. Let them cool.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into a big bowl. Add the onion mixture, mix it all together with your hands.
- Form patties and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes on one side. Flip them and bake another 15 minutes or until brown.
These are delish. Enjoy your last Friday before Spring has sprung.